In the early days, although there were many enquiries Taj Medical managed to arrange surgery in India for only for a handful of people. Now, it receives around 200 enquires a day from patients world-wide wanting to know more about medical treatment in India. The media attention featuring Taj Medical on medical tourism to India has been largely responsible in this great leap, starting with the case of young Elliot Knott (14) from Dorchester who hurt his back in an ice skating accident and urgently required a spinal operation. He was in constant pain, he could not stand, sit or walk properly and had been off school for three months and was on strong pain relief. Nevertheless, his local hospital, said they were unable to help him for at least ten months unless his conditioned worsened. Taj Medical arranged to have his spinal surgery in New Delhi, India. He was one of four Taj patients prominently featured in an ITV documentary televised to potentially more than 5 million British viewers in September 2005 on the "Tonight with Trevor McDonald" programme. Back home, on examination Elliot's Consultant at Southampton Hospital informed the Knott family that Elliot's surgery in India was performed to an extremely high standard.
The Taj Medical Group Limited provides you with:
- Independent and unbiased medical advice through our panel of Eminent Medical Experts.
- Fully inclusive treatment packages for your total peace of mind.
- Total individual care and attention from our highly dedicated Team of fully qualified and world experienced Nurses, Doctors and Surgeons.
- The comfort and privacy of modern, en-suite rooms with round the clock care.
- The full clinical back up and support services of Asias top internationally accredited hospitals.
- Seamless follow up care arranged as required on returning home.